Welcome to TRACON website
What is TRACON project
Tracon is a trasnational project involving 9 partners from 5 countries in Europe (Greece, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, Italy). It is a lifelong learning programme which started its action on November 2011 and will last until the end of October 2013.
The subject of Tracon project is the training of school teachers in order to help their students become smart' and rational consumers in modern societies.
This is a necessity, if we consider that citizens are becoming consumers very early in life and the fact that we live in an over consuming society. In shaping their consumer habits, both the media along with personal experience play an important role.
If students want to become smart consumers they need to start following a lifestyle having in mind the main attributes of sustainability:
- Sustainable economy
- Healthy and just society
- Living within the limits of our natural environment
Aims of TRACON project
Educational programs focusing on consumer awareness and behaviour are not common in the school curricula in Europe. The TRACON project aims at training teachers to provide their pupils with knowledge and skills in order to help them become rational consumers of food products, energy, water and other natural resources. Thus, Tracon project aims to:
- Contribute in the development of positive consumer behaviour among school-aged children.
- Support teachers' initial and continuous training.
- Develop innovative didactic material based on ICT applications and traditional teaching methodologies (content, services, pedagogues and practices) which will help teachers and pupils become rational consumers.
- Help teachers interact effectively with pupils' familiar environment.
- Promote partnerships among teachers and pupils of various countries and to increase exposure of children, parents and teachers to European policies.
Become a Tracon project "friend"
If you want to share Tracon's activities and educational material you can find all the appropriate information at Tracon's website. You could become a member of our affiliated community and present your school activities related to consumer education. Help us to build a better future for all of us and our future generations.