Welcome to TRACON website
- Consumption has moved beyond its primary utilitarian function and has become a fundamental characteristic of modern societies.
- Citizens are becoming consumers very early in life, and the media along with personal experience have an important role in shaping their consumer habits.
- In modern societies, children and teenagers must become effective consumers in order to lead healthy, secure and independent lives.
- School-teachers can help their pupils to develop attitudes and skills that will make them rational consumers of food, energy and natural resources.
Tracon aims to support consumer education at school responding both to the alarming needs of the society as well as, to modern information technologies.
- To contribute to a better understanding of the role of education and ICT in the development of positive consumer behaviour among school-aged children.
- To support teachers' initial and continuous training.
- To promote the acquisition of key competencies through teacher training in:
- Learning to learn &
- Social and civil competency.
- To develop innovative didactic material based on ICT applications and traditional teaching methodologies (content, services, pedagogues and practices) which will help teachers and pupils become rational consumers.
- To help teachers become effective in:
- Interacting with pupils' familial environment and broader community
- Responding to the needs of a rapidly changing world
- Raising awareness on the environmental and social impacts of consumption.